Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Introduction

Hello all! For this class I will go by the name MaryLou, which is my mom's first and middle name.
I am going into my eighth semester at San Jose State, and majoring in public relations. Unfortunately not being my last semester, I will graduate in the fall of 2011. Currently I work in a restaurant as a server, it is convenient with my school schedule and pretty decent money. I love to write, read, be active every day, and travel.

Due to my current job, I communicate daily with customers. I know that communication is not only about speaking respectfully and strategically with another person, but being an active listener is also key. With this course I hope to learn more about how communication has changed over time, and how to adapt with these changes. This online class would be the third one for me, and although there are no class meetings, they still require a lot of work.

2 comments:

  1. Any particular reason you chose your mother's names?

    What sort of writing and reading are you into?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always liked how her name went together, and she can't stand it when anyone uses her middle name, so it was more as a joke then anything.

    I like reading memoirs the most, i think it is interesting to learn about and from other peoples experiences.

    I took a creative writing class my sophomore year and loved it, so I like anything in that genre, except poems.

    ReplyDelete