I was excited to read and respond on this topic because I have very strong opinions on communication over the internet compared to face-to-face.
The first point that stuck out to me was the fact that communication on the internet is its most important use. I definitely agree with this statement because communication over the internet is fast and easy, and you can have whole conversations while multitasking. Personally, I use my email quite often throughout the day. It is convenient and easy to reach out to people you otherwise can not get a hold of. Although I would use communication over the internet for these uses, I would not use it for personal communication.
The first point that stuck out to me was the fact that communication on the internet is its most important use. I definitely agree with this statement because communication over the internet is fast and easy, and you can have whole conversations while multitasking. Personally, I use my email quite often throughout the day. It is convenient and easy to reach out to people you otherwise can not get a hold of. Although I would use communication over the internet for these uses, I would not use it for personal communication.
Two different studies, both with college students and bank employees, proved that internet communication (email) does not help in sustaining long term relationships. This study used professional and personal relationships, both needing face-to-face interaction to build and grow. I completely agree with this because I know from personal experience that you must meet physically with the people you have relationships with in order to leave an impact. Email should be used for touching base or possibly making plans, but interacting face-to-face should be the main way you build relationships with others.
No comments:
Post a Comment