Friday, February 18, 2011

New syncing dock for iPhones


I don’t have an iPhone, so I don’t need to worry about syncing my phone and losing all of my content, but for those who do there is a new product making this easier.
Personally, it would be nice to have something to back my phone up to, I’m pretty sure I might be able to do this through my email, but I’m not familiar with the process. This article made me laugh a little because it is basically a product for lazy people, who don’t bother to sync their iPhone ever. If I had something as simple as just plugging my phone into the computer and syncing it with iTunes, I would do it often. I have gone through many phones where I lost all of my contacts, pictures and other content because it broke and couldn’t be retrieved. Because of this, I try and not store important information or content on my phone.

This new product from Iomega, is called SuperHero, the backup dock for your iPhone. It was specifically made for those people who never bother to backup their information and sync their phones. Although the SuperHero wont backup everything on your iPhone; no apps, music, videos, emails or call logs, since all of these can be re-downloaded or recovered elsewhere. This dock will save content that is otherwise irreplaceable such as contacts and photos sitting in your camera roll. There is a process to get your iPhone set up with the SuperHero, but it is an easier and quicker way for those who would rather not take the time to plug into iTunes.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_technews/20110218/tc_yblog_technews/hands-on-review-iomegas-superhero-backup-dock-for-iphone;_ylt=ApWy3SCakhsVxiMsUO3sVscjtBAF;_ylu=X3oDMTQ5ZzRjdjZxBGFzc2V0A3libG9nX3RlY2huZXdzLzIwMTEwMjE4L2hhbmRzLW9uLXJldmlldy1pb21lZ2FzLXN1cGVyaGVyby1iYWNrdXAtZG9jay1mb3ItaXBob25lBHBvcwMxBHNlYwN5bl9hcnRpY2xlX3N1bW1hcnlfbGlzdARzbGsDaGFuZHMtb25yZXZp

3 comments:

  1. I am super lazy when it comes to syncing my phone to Itunes so this sounds like it could be a really cool product, but that fact that it doesn’t sync your music or apps or anything makes it kind of a waste don’t you think? I mean if you want music on your phone you have no choice but to sync it with Itunes. But this won’t do music or anything but contacts and pictures, so essentially you will be required to do both, especially if you want updates to the phone. So in my mind this product sounds like a big waste of money to me because we all know anything for Ipods or Iphones are always expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also don't have an iphone, so I also can relate to not needing or wanting one. However, I like how you addressed it would be nice to have something that can sync and save all our documents, and contacts, and images and what not.

    I know whenever I've had to sync my ipod from a laptop or computer, I rather have had a specific gadget that deal with syncing specifically. It would make syncing easier and maybe save time as well. I am also not surprised the iphone is adding another accessory to their list of gadgets. Iomega is supposed to be extremely reliable from what I have heard from those in the computer engineering, and software field. So for iphone users sake, I hope it will be a success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about that, I forgot to end it with

    ~little miss daisy

    ReplyDelete