Friday, May 13, 2011

Discussion 1


I just re-read the discussion and realized the posts were nothing about the articles! That’s what I get for skimming over the instructions. I think some of the most interesting readings we have had in this class are the ones that open our eyes to new perspectives. Some of the readings that did this for me were Quality of Online Social Relationships, Man Computer Symbiosis, Just Like Me Only Better, and A Virtual Death and A Real Dilemma. To be honest I could list pretty much every single one of the articles because they all offered new insight into new media issues and topics. The ones that I listed I found most interesting because they were on topics I had already questioned and wondered about myself, and the articles helped me understand why things are they way they are. The most interesting one out of the four I listed was the last one, A Virtual Death and A Real Dilemma. I just could not believe someone would lie about a loved one going through such a struggle and dying, all while gathering a huge number of followers. I am still irked by this article, it’s almost like giving people hope about something than yanking all those emotions away, it’s just not right. All in all, I found this class to be one of the most insightful and interesting classes I have taken throughout my years at SJSU, and would recommend it to anyone interested in our new way of life with new media. 

2 comments:

  1. I do agree with you on how this class to be one of the most insightful and interesting classes. It was my first online class at SJSU and I plan to take a few more online. Besides knowing the fact that this is a communications class, I like that our instructor communicated effectively with us throughout the course. Nothing beats better than having an instructor who is willing to support you and be available for assistance. That's something that I don't have sometimes when dealing with an in-class instructor.

    Lastly, I just wanted to let you know that I enjoyed reading your post throughout the class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote half of my blog post about YouTube before I realized we didn't have to so I was on the same boat as you. I am still irked about the article with the fake death too! Of course I forgot the title of it but good thing you didn't. I am also irked, although not on the same level, at the thought of people pretending to be or look what they're not. It is sad that people feel that they have to change themselves and cannot be comfortable in their own skin. It's understandable for people to feel unsatisfied from time to time but they should let it go and not dwell on it. While each article provided us with some new information, there were some articles that I found too confusing to absorb. I think the ones that stood out to us are the ones that we relate to the most.

    ReplyDelete