I have learned a lot throughout this class, one thing that
stands out to me the most is how similar technologies were used or created many
years ago, but are just now becoming popular. In Personal Dynamic Media, the Dynabook is very similar to the kindle
and iPad, and I had never known before reading the article that such things
existed before the popular items that are out now. I wanted to go further into
this topic to understand why the Dynabook didn’t work out how the Kindle and
iPad have worked. Another article I found really interesting was the Second Life article. I had seen the True
Life episode about Second Life and to learn more about the topic was really
cool to me. So to summarize, my favorite thing about this class was learning
more about topics I had only previously brushed the surface on. I also thought
the idea of having all of our readings available online, instead of buying a
book was incredibly helpful.
Hi MaryLou,
ReplyDeleteI thought the article on the Dynabook was really cool too, and that it's original designs looked so much like an iPad or like you said a Kindle as well. I thought it was really interesting that technological designs like these were already created decades ago yet before taking this class I did not know the history of media the way I do now. Second Life was very interesting as well and this is also why I chose to do my Media Exploration Project on avatars. I am curious about that episode of True Life you mention. I imagine it to be something like True Life: "I'm addicted to virtual reality". It's very interesting how many people use these sites.
Hi,
ReplyDeleteI also find it interesting how the technology from way back when and even the technology ideas can be seen today. That just goes to show how technology is always advancing. Certain gadgets are always being upgraded. I feel this happens because people are always wanting more. I also found it crazy how people who had no idea what technology was going to be like basically predicted the future. The articles have people talking about how certain ideas like the Ipad would be amazing. Sure enough a years later that exact thing was invented. I wonder what else people are thinking of today and if it will become a reality. Nice post.
-SOUTHPAW
Hey,
ReplyDeleteI have also learned a lot through this class and also found it interesting how similar techonlogies were used or were used in the past and that they are becoming more popular and well known today. I thought and found it very fascinating how the Dynabook and the iPad are pretty similar, even though I was not as aware of the Dynabook before the reading. I thought it was interesting how they are both similar and from different times. I really liked and enjoyed how you mentionend when you saw the True Life episode and compared and contrasted it to the Second Life article.
Great post overall!
~little miss daisy