I never realized the human language took so long to reach a computing system until reading this article.
I thought it was pretty interesting that the first program for writing on the computer was developed by some hackers at MIT. Since writing on the computer is so common now, and used almost in place of paper, being without it was hard to imagine. What would you even use the computer for without writing?I also never saw a computer as being able to communicate, like Weizenbaums Doctor program.
“The concern that machines will take over not just the jobs that provide us income, but also those cognitive and emotional functions we closely associate with humanity, is a particular worry of the computer era.” This is an interesting statement because I feel as though technology as a whole has taken these two things away, and continually does every day. If people felt this way 40 plus years ago, why are we still relying so heavily on the things were worried about taking over?
No comments:
Post a Comment