After reading the first paragraph of the article A Virtual Death and a Real Dilemma, I was
shocked that someone would do that online.
I felt that it must take a really
sick and twisted person to make up a story like that about a child struggling
with cancer, and than create their fake death after hundreds had been so drawn
into the struggle. Joking about someone dying, is just not funny to me, and can
be really harmful emotionally and mentally. I totally agree that being a user
online, you must develop a healthy skepticism in order to keep yourself safe. If
I were a part of that virtual community, I would be very upset and confused as
to why someone would want to create such a lie. This whole article in its
entirety was interesting to me, and possibly made me a little more cautious and
aware of how unknown the Internet can be.
No comments:
Post a Comment