I was confused at first when I began to read this article,
and I wasn’t quite sure what the author was trying to explain.
Reading further
into it I realized that he was explaining how to use a search engine on the
Internet. This concept is so obvious and simple to me it made me laugh at how
in depth he was about explaining the process. I found interesting the part
where he goes into explaining URL, HTTP and HTML, stating, “URL’s are the
strings used as addresses of objects (e.g., menus, documents, images) on the
Web.” I have never really gone into depth about exactly how the Internet is
connected and what the Web addresses mean. This really gives me a new
perspective on just how infinite the size of the Internet really is. Something else
I found really interesting was that in a URL, the question mark is used as a separator
between the address of an object and a query operation applied to it. All in
all this article was more interesting than I had initially considered it to be,
and I learned many new things about the Internet.
When I read this article I had no idea what it was about, and I was so lost. Carol’s “Instructor Wrap Up” wasn’t about this article so no save there, but then I read your post and found a bit more clarity. So after I read your post, I went back and browsed through the article again and it made a little bit more sense. All his descriptions of certain parts of the web such as hypertext being like an anchor and how the “/” represents hierarchical space, which makes sense when you read a URL of any address. When I read the article the first time I had no idea W3 “client” meant browser, I thought it was talking about search engines like Google or Bing (but obviously earlier versions). Thanks for breaking it down for me, glad your blog was one of my random 3 this week!
ReplyDelete